06/02/14

Gap filling exercise


Put each of the following words or phrases in its correct place in the passage below.
 
bill    fast food    cookery books    eat out    recipe    dish    menu 
  
take-away    ingredients    waiter    snack    tip
 
I’m a terrible cook. I’ve tried hard but it’s no use. I’ve got lots of (a) __________, I choose a (b) __________ I want to cook, I read the (c) __________, I prepare all the necessary (d) __________ and follow the instructions. But the result is terrible, and I just have a sandwich or some other quick (e) __________. So I often (f) __________. I don’t like grand restaurants. It’s not the expense, it’s just that I don’t feel at ease in them. First the (g) __________ gives me a (h) __________ which I can’t understand because it’s complicated and has lots of foreign words. At the end of the meal I pay the (i) __________ I never know how much to leave as a (j) __________. I prefer (k) __________ places, like hamburger shops where you pay at once and sit down and eat straightaway. And I like (l) __________ places, where you can buy a meal in a special container and take it home.
 
 
 
(The first student to answer correctly to this exercise in the "Comments" section of this post, will get a special prize)

3 comentários:

  1. Anónimo6.2.14

    Rodrigo nº 21
    a)cookery books; b) dish; c)récipe; d) Ingredients; e) snack; f) eat out; g) waiter; h) menu; i) bill; j) tip;
    k) fast food; l) take away

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Very well, Rodrigo. You're the winner :)

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Anónimo25.7.22

    Cookery books,dish,recipe,ingredients,snack,eat out,waiter,menu,bill,tip,fast food,take-away

    ResponderEliminar